Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Our Halloween Weekend

Hey Y'all! 

So sorry for the break from the Blog. Last week was kind of crazy. My grandparents came to visit from Illinois for the weekend, and so the last minute cleaning frenzy was real! Then, of course, they never even came over to my house. Oh well, at least my house was clean for a little while. 

We had a great time this weekend shopping and sharing some of our favorite restaurants with my grandparents. On Saturday, instead of going Trick or Treating, my church puts on a Fall Festival for the community. Hubby and I usually work at it, but we volunteered to set up that morning so we could actually enjoy the Festival with our son and my parents and grandparents. It was so much fun! 

Little Man got to do his second hayride, and his first pony ride. I was so afraid of him being afraid of the pony, but he loved it! 

Now, for what I promised last blog post! 

Technically, this was from a week and a half ago, but here are Hubby and I's costumes! 


Say Hello to Fear and Sadness from Disney's Inside Out! 
These costumes were so fun! I was actually kind of shocked that Hubby let me paint him! He doesn't usually go for stuff like that. The facepaint was from Walmart. My blue wig and glasses were from the Spirit Halloween Store. The sweater and sweater vest were from Goodwill and were $5 each! (I regularly do my Halloween Costume shopping at Goodwill!), and the bowtie was from a seamstress friend! She had made them for a play her grandson was in, and she let us borrow it! I love having talented friends! Everything else was things we already had. All in all, these costumes were very easy to put together. The hardest part was finding a sweater vest. I found the ONLY sweater vest my goodwill had. lol. Trust me. I scoured that entire store! 

Little Man's costume was even easier! 


His pirate costume was found at Target. It came with all you see here, except the jack-o-lantern. Then, I just took some eyeliner and drew on the mustache and goatee. He was adorable! This picture is right after I told him to say, "ARRRRGH!" 

Now he tells me everyday that he has to put on his costume! This weekend has been fantastic! Yesterday, I went to two events, and I can't wait to share them with you! Be looking forward to that post either tomorrow or Friday! 

Have a blessed Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment